From:
Jerry Jackowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:43:42 +0000
Hello FMLer's and especially Butler County, Ohio residence,

I just received a call today (Monday 21 September 1998) at 10:10 am from
Mike Brunne (The Butler County, Ohio Health Departments Chief of
Environmental Services).  He informed me that ferrets are now legal in
Butler County, Ohio.  There are no special restrictions or requirements.
They will be treated exactly the same as dogs and cats, and will require
the standard ten day quarantine period in the event of a bite or scratch
incident.  The verbiage of the law is exactly the same as Warren County's
rabies policy (which is very good).

He also informed me that the commissioners adopted the policy without
requiring the standard three read hearing process.

Congratulations Butler County ferret owners! Bring 'em out and be proud.

Jerry, Nita and eight should have been enough plus one