From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:44:05 -0800
I just wanted to share my way of remembering my little Treasure this
Christmas.  I lost her at the end of August, and I still miss her terribly.
One of the things I had done in June (not knowing she would be gone in 2
months) was to make her footprints, along with the other ferts, and dogs
in that handprint clay that you then bake in the oven, then frame and hang.
Now, I got the kits at a dog show, but they are available at pet gift
stores, or you can use the human kits.

Anyway, last night, when I was really depressed about not having her for
Christmas, and an idea hit me.  I gathered all ferts together, with all
dogs, got Treasure's footprints out, along with her collar, toys, and
picture, and just started telling stories about her to them.  I lit a
candle for her, and all the ferts who don't have anyone, or a home, or
someone who adores them, and told them how much I care.  I cried (as I am
now), and laughed at some memories, and loved the ones here.  It was a good
catharsis for me, and I feel much better about keeping my Treasure with me.

Merry Christmas,baby, decorate the bridge well!  If anyone is interested in
the footprint clay and can't find it, let me know- if you want to pay costs
I can get it here and ship it to you.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Gerri and Rio, Bandit, Maggie, Maru, Colby and Mattea ( still missing
Treasure terribly)