From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:47:12 -0500
Someone said:
"If someone is that much against Kista, they must have good reason."

True!  You're right!  I agree 100%.  My question is, what is the reason?

I'd love to know.  I run a shelter.  I care for and love all the ferrets
here.  I go without before they do which means that if I can't pay my car
insurance because one of them needs a costly medicine they get the medicine
and I get past due notices.  The ferrets have a separate bank account from
my personal account, and none of their funds are used for anything other
than ferrets.  I thoroughly screen all of our applicants and check vet
references.  I take ALL the ferrets for regular vet visits when they are
ill or need routine care.  I have the proper licensing for my state.

Please know that I am not a "sue happy" type of person.  What I am is a
very frustrated and upset person.  Contacting my fundraising people with
vicious gossip before not having tried to resolve the issue with me feels
like someone is trying to sabotage my shelter.  Everyone has a different
opinion but we are all here for the ferrets; let's try to remember that.

I try to stay out of the politics in the ferret community.  I am not a
member of any ferret organizations, and attend all different kinds of
ferret shows.  I will work with any shelter or person, if it will help
ferrets.  None of my ferrets have ever been "pushed aside" or hurt by any
personal dealings of mine.  I find it reprehensible that you would even
suggest that.

If someone has a legitimate concern with how my shelter is run, I am more
than receptive and would take any suggestions to heart.  When lies and
accusations impact my shelter and ferrets, that's when I get upset.  I
fear that if these people who do not like me personally continue to take
potshots at me, eventually some people might think that there is something
valid behind it, and choose not to support our shelter.

The main point that I'm trying to get at, is YES, if someone has a
legitimate complaint about my shelter, please say it!  I work hard to
do my best for the ferrets, but there is always room for improvement and
more knowledge.

I have nothing to conceal, if anyone has any questions for me about my
shelter I will answer them 100%.

Thank you,

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Shelter