Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:02:45 EDT
Hi,

In a message dated 8/9/00 6:00:37 AM, Joseph Lee <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>When she moved out,the landlord discovered that she had never cleaned up
>after the animal!  Food,water,and the animals poop and pee was everywhere.
>That obviously influenced the landlord to outlaw pets in his building.

I agree with you.  My father was a landlord and on more than one occasion
found similar conditions when dealing with renters who kept pets.  He made
a blanket "No pets" policy.

If the landlord has a blanket policy that applies to all nonhumans, I
can understand it.  If the policy only applies to certain animals, like
ferrets, then I think it's discriminatory.  If the policy only applies to
larger animals or dogs, there might be a reason for this - like a lack of
outdoor access....But still, I think if the owner is a good one, any size
animal can be accomodated, even in a small place.  Then we're back to a
blanket policy or not.

Kim