Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:41:50 EDT
First let me say real quick I love Carefresh litter.  It's some kind of
recycled wood pulp, gray stuff, cleans up easily, absorbs well, doesn't
smell, etc.

Now as for the landlord issue.  Here in the States as far as I know (or at
least in MY state) a pet deposit is against the law.  The landlord is not
allowed to take for security deposit any more than one month's rent.  My
landlord is pretty lenient about pets, doesn't seem to care how many or
which kind any of us have.  They are about the only ones around town who
feel that way.  They are the only ones I found who allow ferrets at all.
But there is a drawback to this--they're cheap.  The carpet in my apartment
is as cheap as they come, the dryers don't work and haven't for years, and
will probably never be fixed, the playground consists of a swingset and
that's all.  You get my drift.  For me and other animal lovers, it works
though.  They replace the carpet anyway when someone moves out because the
carpets are so low quality, just walking on them ruins them after a while.

But yes, those out there who don't clean up and don't take good care of
their pets have ruined it for the rest of us.

debbi