From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:18:30 -0400
Two ferrets had surgery yesterday. Freckles had four teeth pulled and
the spleen removed. Jade had her spleen removed. Both had spleens so
large that they couldn't move around anymore. I'm happy to report that
both are doing well. YAY, Freckles and Jade!!!

We are in the process of scheduling another ferret for adrenal surgery.

We are still only slightly over 1/2 way in vet donations. As the others
settle in and become more comfortable, they will be taken to the vet in
rotating groups. We will update you on their health as the appointments
progress.

Please know that we would never separate ferrets that are bonded -
that has been fully considered and acknowledged, especially after what
they've been through. This is one of the reasons it's going to take
probably 60 days or so before any of the ferrets leave to their new
homes. They are constantly being evaluated by the volunteers to see
who sleeps and plays with who....

All adoption inquiries should be directed to Kim of Front Range Ferrets
at [log in to unmask]

Questions regarding the details of the rescue should be directed to
April at [log in to unmask]

We will continue to update everyone on the ferrets' progress.

Thank you for supporting this rescue. We hope that this demonstrates to
other shelters and groups that they are not alone and that IFC, FERRET,
SOS, The Ferret Council and AFA are here to help.