From:
Lisa Oestereich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2009 15:18:29 -0500
From F.E.R.R.E.T. (Ferret Emergency Response, Rescue and Evacuation
Team).

We have received a plea for help from The City Ferret Shelter in
Burlington, Washington. They are flooded with 3 1/2 feet of water from
the heavy rains that have been plaguing the Pacific Northwest. The
water has now made it into her shelter building and she is scrambling
to evacuate 100 shelter ferrets. 40 ferrets have been moved to her
house (which is okay for now), her volunteers are taking approximately
30 ferrets with them, which leaves 30 that have to be evacuated
immediately (not to mention the 40 in her home). Barb Clay has
contacted Kevin Farley of the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network who is
going to drive to Lacey's and see what needs to be done.

The ferrets are all okay, thank God. Lacey says she has lost almost
everything in the shelter - litter, food, bedding, etc. Of course the
first concern is to get the ferrets to safety - then we can work on
donations of goods for her and the folks who take in her ferrets.

Right now, we're waiting to hear from Kevin to see how we might best
assist him and the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network, so there isn't a lot
of information on how to help at this moment in time. Please stay tuned
and visit the National Ferret Rescue website often for updates on how
you can help.

http://nationalferretrescue.org/

Be patient. We will be contacting our volunteers as soon as the
information we need becomes available to us.

Lisa Oestereich
Ferretemergency.org