From:
Gary Kaskel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 10:35:20 -0500
Sherman Dorn of Vanderbilt University criticized my request for help to the
Big Apple Ferrets legal fund in order to overturn the recent adverse federal
Court decision upholding NYC's anti-ferret policies. I question the
motivation for some of his commentary.

Mr. Dorn seem to espouse a profesional legal opinion about the consequences
of this adverse decision. Is he an attorney? If I am not mistaken, Vanderbilt
University is a medical research facility that uses animals (perhaps
ferrets).  I would appreciate it if Mr. Dorn would identify exactly what he
does at V.U.

Finally, Mr. Dorn tells us: < Give money, or don't, as you wish.  But please
don't believe this is the one and only chance to fight irresponsible health
departments.  That is hyperbole.>

I never said this was the one and only chance to fight the cause of ferrets'
rights. Why does Mr. Dorn imply that I did? It seems to me he is unduly
hostile to our efforts. Exactly where is he coming from?

How about it, Mr. Dorn?