From:
"Dr. Gary Holowicki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 19:54:42 EDT
To:
>Darla Sharp

    I had a green cheek Amazon, Alex, who liked to walk around the house.
(his feathers were trimmed so he had the glide path of the space shuttle,
called a modified rock).  One day I heard him screaming like life was about
to end.  I ran to the kitchen & found one of the ferrets had hopped on his
back, wanting to play.  The ferret had a face like "What's all the noise
about?".  I removed the ferret & Alex was fine.  This was one ferret with
one bird, one instance.  Another story might not have had the same result,
but I learned they don't mix well.  At least in my pair, the bird
definitely did not like to wrestle with a ferret.  Seperate rooms, and 100%
caged or supervised bird in seperate room would be fine, but I don't think
they will ever be 2 way buddies.  Gary