From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:34:59 -0700
I received the following email this morning and thought I'd share with
you all as an FYI.

Dee Gage
West Michigan Ferret Connection
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Petfinder.com members,

We're sorry for the delay in this week's report.  The Petfinder.com
staff has been devoting our time and efforts to assist those affected
by Hurricane Katrina.

Please visit http://katrina.petfinder.com to see up-to-date information
on all animal welfare rescue efforts and updates on your fellow Petfinder
members in states hit by the storm.  We are also accepting donations from
the public - all of which will be used to help affected Petfinder.com
members.

EXCITING NEWS: our development team has been working around the clock to
create a COMPREHENSIVE DATABASE to aid pets affected by the hurricane.
This database will compile photos and data on lost pets that need to be
reunited with their owners.  Those of you who are housing any of these
animals will be able to list them with a photo in the database.  Those
with information on animals needing rescue will also be able to enter it
into the database so it can be made available to the rescue teams.
Information being phoned in to the various hotlines and organizations
will all be entered in one place.  Stay tuned to
http://katrina.petfinder.com
for the launch of this revolutionary new tool.

Our thoughts are with every one of you who have been affected by
Hurricane Katrina in any way.