From:
Terra Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:49:06 EDT
Hi Lisette,

No worries!  I don't know if you had a chance to check out my site at
all.  But, basically, I started making items for people to purchase for
themselves (or as gifts,etc).  So, say...you purchase an item that I
sell for $5.  All I keep from that is the cost it takes to make that
custom keychain, lanyard,etc.  So, if it cost me $2.50 in supplies, then
I donate the remaining $2.50 plus whatever is left from the shipping to
the shelter.  I keep a list of how much each order cost me to make, what
I charged and what was donated.  Then at the end of each month I send
that total donation to the featured shelter that I list for that month.

And yes, when I started this I gathered up a small list of shelters to
start helping.  My list has grown!  I make contact with each shelter
ahead of time to see if they'd like my help.  If so, I gather up info
and go from there!  I also have a spot on the website where people can
sign up for me to send out my twice-monthly news update if they want.
Usually, that will also show somewhat the same info that you saw on the
FML.  Or, if I have new items, new charms, etc. to show everyone I will
send out an email about that, too.  If anyone specifically asks me to let
the shelter mom know what their donation amount was, or if they want me
to make sure that the shelter knows that they purchased something to
help, I am always glad to make contact and do such thing.

Hugs,
Terra

For great gift  ideas:
http://ferretville.net/terra/fundraiser.html