From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 12:29:53 -0800
Kaye, I'm not out to flame you or any one else.  My husband and I are in
California courtesy of the United States Marine Corps.  One can not choose
where to be stationed.  You can request but 95% of the time, you are
rejected.  Our home of record is Beaumont, Texas.  This is our 3rd tour of
duty in California.  We had 4 tours of duty on the East Coast.  My ferrets
are my kids.  I refuse to leave them behind no matter the duty station.  I
do my research before every move and know exactly what I will do.  I've
already had the displeasure of Animal Control and DFG visit.  Since I will
not let any authority to intimadate me-they go away.  Most people who are
caught with their fuzzies, do not choose for one reason or another, to get
involved with the Ferret Organizations.  That's when we hear of
confiscations and sometimes not able to help them, because they let a badge
intimidate them.  My heart goes out to those individuals, when all they had
to do was get involved with any Ferret Organization before coming to
California.  I do not believe anyone would intentionally, besides the
ferret from what I understand would show symtoms in 7 to 10 days, then
death.  I still would not turn any one in regardless of what pet was
brought in.  I would avoid the person after advising them of taking thier
pet to a vet if they failed to do so.  The only people that will bring in
any animal with possible diseases would be your local smuggler for profit,
like drugs (and don't tell me NO drugs or smuggle in).  This is not
intended to be a flame, only my sincere opinion.