From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 11:17:22 -0500
>From:    Eric Callagy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How to deal with the hot weather?
>
>Hi.  I've been planning on getting a ferret this summer for almost a year.
>I know that they don't do well in temperatures over 85 degrees.  I don't
>have air conditioning in my house and it probilly gets above that.  Will
>a ferret be alright if I put a fan next to the cage on hot days or if I
>put a bottle with frozen water in the cage so the ferret can lay in it...

A fan isn't going to do much for your fuzzies.  A fan cools by moving
fresh air over the prespiration on your skin and a ferret doesn't
prespire much.  I used the frozen 2 liter pop bottles in a tube sock for
several years and my crew loves them.  Clyde snuggles right up next to
one and Bonnie rest her chin on one.  This year I invested $164 in a room
A/C.  The fuzzy butts love it and the wife and I get cool, too.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you've ever committed a crime with a lawn mower.