From:
Jim & Laura Ferris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 07:03:06 -0500
At about 5:30 this morning one of our ferrets climbed on top of his cage
and as he was backing down got his nail caught in something and it was
pulled out.  To stop the bleeding we held him and applied alittle ice and
now he is sleeping and his paw is dry.  My question: do we have to worry
about infection?  Is it possible for the injury to again open and bleeding
start again?  Is there anything more to do?  I'd appreciate it if you have
comments to me that after you post to the list, you would email me directly
so we may take the appropriate action.

Thank you so much,
Laura