Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 22:25:52 -0500
Hi everyone,
I just re-subscribed after a 4 year abscence.  I have an urgent question.
I have two ferrets, boy (Mowgli) and girl (Basta), who are 4 and 6
respectively.

Mowgli also has a tumor around the Vena Cava.  My vet wants $950 per ferret
to operate.  There is NO WAY I can afford this (believe me I would if I
possibly could).

They are being treated with monthly injections of Lupron, and Mowgli is on
Pedia-pred to reduce the swelling around his tumor.

Can anyone, PLEASE, refer me to a vet who can do the 2 surgeries for under
$500?  I am so desperate... Is this a totally unreasonable request?  It has
been so long I am 'ot of the loop' and have no idea what the going rate for
these surgeries is.

I would be EXTREMELY grateful for any help or info anyone can offer.

Thank you!!
Anne H