From:
Cynde Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:10:12 -0400
When I read of the problems of getting TF, I immediately orderd some at
the Ferret Depot, but the were out of it. I ordered it anyway and was
put on a waiting list. I got mine yesterday! So the TF is starting to
flow again. You probably cannot get it because they are filling back
orders first. Get on the waiting list!

I ordered a small bag of Marshall's (My Bonnie (RIP) only ate
Marshalls, and Hercules found it treat, when he was a baby. (whenever
he invaded Patches (RIP) and Bonnies cage.) I started mixing a small
amount of marshalls with the remaining TF I had. As the TF supply ran
low, I mixed more Marshalls in. Pandora would not not touch the
Marshalls at first , she was imprinted with TF.

However she will eat anything else, from ice cream to spinach,
especially red licorice and cherry ice cream. I cannot eat ice cream,
when the ferrets are out or I will lhave Pandora in my IC dish,
litterally. She is persistent.. Hercules will not eat anything unless
I give it to him. Except chocolate. He loves chocolate. He will climb,
jump, war dance and down right steal it if he has too. If I have
chocolate he can smell it clear across the house, from another room,
and comes running to bum it. He is very persistant. Cannot eat in
front of him at all. I do not recommend giving these treats to ferrets.
However, once in a while, a lick of ice cream or a tiny bite (Less than
a half of a small mini morsel) of chocolate is allowed.

When Hercules was small I imprinted him with Marshalls, Mazauri, TF
foods; one to give him a wide varity of tastes and nutrition. Pandora
is now eating the Marshalls and TF mix...because Uncle Herc eats it.

When ferrets are babies, I think they should be given several different
ferret foods, just in case they change the formula, or stop making it.
There are others to choose from.

That you FML ers for posting the shortage. I was able to have time to
start weaning Hercules and Pandora on to another food until I could get
the TF again.

I will be glad to get back to TF...Marshalls smells too much!