From:
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 18:43:06 -0400
Lara, unfortunately, what your friend told you is true.  Dr. Taylor has
decided Adrenal Surgery is not necessary now that we have Lupron, UNLESS
it's an extreme case.

Right now, until I am shown different, I don't necessarily agree.  It's
unfortunate that an established University like the one we have in Guelph,
Ont has decided to stop surgery on adrenal glands.  I feel really sorry
for the interns there who would not learn what it's like to do surgery on
an adrenal gland before starting practice on their own.

I don't have a problem with people using Lupron and I am very happy to see
it helping ferrets and their is a study on it.  But until I am shown what
kind of long term effects are caused on our furry babies, I don't think I
will partake unless it's an extreme situation.  I know in humans Lupron can
be very helpful in treating Endometriosis and prostate disease, but it
also comes with a whole page of side effects and cautions.  I know, I was
*considering* taking it myself until I watched my best friend end up with
a form of Osteoporosis at the age of 25.

Just my .02

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to you!  Click
here!!