Lara, unfortunately, what your friend told you is true.  Dr. Taylor has
decided Adrenal Surgery is not necessary now that we have Lupron, UNLESS
it's an extreme case.

Right now, until I am shown different, I don't necessarily agree.  It's
unfortunate that an established University like the one we have in Guelph,
Ont has decided to stop surgery on adrenal glands.  I feel really sorry
for the interns there who would not learn what it's like to do surgery on
an adrenal gland before starting practice on their own.

I don't have a problem with people using Lupron and I am very happy to see
it helping ferrets and their is a study on it.  But until I am shown what
kind of long term effects are caused on our furry babies, I don't think I
will partake unless it's an extreme situation.  I know in humans Lupron can
be very helpful in treating Endometriosis and prostate disease, but it
also comes with a whole page of side effects and cautions.  I know, I was
*considering* taking it myself until I watched my best friend end up with
a form of Osteoporosis at the age of 25.

Just my .02

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our Fuzzy Friends"
http://www.ferretaid.org

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
Use your mouse to raise funds for the shelter at no cost to you!  Click
here!!
[Posted in FML issue 2827]