From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 19:09:23 PDT
Hugs to those who have recently lost fuzzies, it was hard to read the FML
from two days ago.

After reading so many viewpoints on Marshall Farms, I thought this might
be of interest (I hate all breeders whose practices are less than humane).
Approximately six months ago, I met somebody in a ferret chat room who
claimed to have previously worked at Marshall Farms and had many nasty
things to say about them (we all know that this could have been a fraud
since so many people on the Internet these days often have the gift of
computer knowledge and "spoofing").  We kept having conversations, and
when I suggested this person go ahead and type their entire story and send
it to me so I could use my media contacts to do an expose, they simply
disappeared and never returned further emails.  Why is this?  One must
wonder what these employees have to sign in order to keep their mouthes
shut.  Am I to believe that there are never any disgruntled employees
who would come forward to confirm the reports?  This is baffling to me.
Perhaps it is a mafia-owned organization (just kidding).  Seriously though,
why aren't more employees coming forward if these atrocities exist?  That
is a huge mystery to me.  If there are employees or former employees out
there who read this list, PLEASE come forward.  No job is worth keeping
silent about if animals or children are suffering.

There must be someone out there willing to talk?  Confidentiality
agreements do not hold up in court if the company is practicing or
partaking in illegal activity.  It is your moral duty to come forward if
things are not right.  I am more than happy to pay for the publishing of
such content, as long as the witness is willing to back up the story with
concrete evidence (dates, times, pictures, names, internal memos, etc...)
I would also be willing to pay for the miniture video cam so that this
person could get a video tour of the facilities.  The media did do a story
on MF but I cannot recall which show (48 Hours maybe?)  I know that if I
witnessed what Marshall Farms has been accused of, I couldn't sleep at
night keeping quiet about it.

THE INSIDER, Erin Brockavich, etc...these are the heroes in my eyes.