Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:07:27 EDT
Thank you Fred, for sharing your ideas on Marshall Farms.  I think, like
many of us on FML, we have busy days, and skim read our FML.  My guess is
that many have never even read anything on Marshall Farms, chosing to skim
over it.  For those just tuning in=it is important to note that few, if
any, of the artcles examined these past few days have been from PETA.

The information documented and clearly listed that anyone of can and should
read on the web says that agencies have given Marshall Farms a chance since
1991.  My guess is that there are still earlier repeat problems.  But 1991
through 1998 repeat offenses has given Marshall Farms far too many years of
"Chances."

This is one of the reasons the Doris Day Animal Foundation is sueing the
USDA.

YOU-Fred-won't be the one to give Marshll Farms a chance.  None of us will.
We are not allowed in-even if we were to wear a space suit.  This info is
from people who apparently know the Marshalls.

So you will NOT be seeing them change their ways Fred.  I am sorry of the
loss of your beloved ferret.  The readings clearly indicate that The ferret
surgeries are actually being performed by Marshall Farms by people off
the streets with no animal care degree or formal education on performing
surgeries in conditions that are not sterile.  The animals are laid on
kitchen tables to perform the work.

You are not alone in your loss of your little one to a problem believed to
be directly or indirectly associated with Marshall Farms.  I personally
hope we can make a difference by letting our Congress people know how we
feel, educating people as to the pros AND cons of ferrets, and boycotting
PRODUCT=Your Marshall Farms ferret-------according to the Marshalls in
their own adds for ferrets to labs.

Once again, my thanks for your story.  I just feel it critical to explain
to anyone just "tuning in" that next to no information has come from the
PETA site.

Lisette