From:
Matt Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 18:27:50 -0700
I live in Eugene and my wife and I have two ferrets.  They are, as far I
know, legal as dogs or cats.  The ferrets found in CA are often sent to
OR so they must be legal here.
I was wondering if any of the other Eugene ferret owners could recommend
a good vet that doesn't charge outrageous prices?  I am a student and
can't afford huge bills, but I would like to have a vet that knows
ferrets.  Our last ferret, Jasmine, died about a month ago when we were
having her descented, (Our families don't much like the smell).  We think
that she may have used an improper anaesthetic.  I'm not sure what she
used but Jasmine made it through the surgery fine, was taken off of the
anaesthetic and then her heart stopped.  The vet tried epinepherine but
was unsuccessful.  Is there a specific anaesthetic that I should request
from a vet?  I don't want this to happen again next time I have to have
surgery.  Thanks for any help offered.
See ya!
Matt Petersen, [log in to unmask]
Juliane Petersen