From:
David Pasquino/Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 1995 22:26:42 EDT
It's funny to hear people saying that ferrets don't climb - 3 of my 4 do.
Even my little Geisha who seems to be pretty unco-ordinated at anything else
does not hesitate to climb the outside of their wire cage. We joke about
them imitating King Kong when they do this. Gushi, my older - sorry oldest -
male is the only one who doesn't climb - he tries but just can't seem to get
it right!

Does anyone else's ferrets have a big thing for foot licking - not
necessarily the lick&chomp (though Nik does that sometimes) but the furious
licking that mine do on the rougher part of my feet (heel in particular)?
Gee, you'd think I wouldn't need a pumice stone for those calloused parts
with these guys around!! And it seems to be an extra bonus if my feet are
dirty/sweaty - YUCKO!!!!!! I've noticed it more lately in the last few
months - I kinda like it but my feet are just a tad ticklish and if I move
around too much they start to nibble - "Hey, ma, do you mind??! I'm busy here
- how can I do a good job if you keep moving, darn it!!!" Silly bums!

Oh before I forget - mine all wag their tails to show how excited they are
- it's a hoot! Buster in particular, is a BIG tail wagger - of course, he
also gets the *biggest* bottle-brush butt you've ever seen!!!! His hair is
longer than the others and it really shows when he's freaked out like that!
I always have to ask him - "Have you been sticking your whiskers in the
wall sockets *again*?? " I have never laughed so hard over a pet's antics as
I have with these guys and I've owned a varied lot of critters! They're just
wonderful!!!

Well, I gotta try to get some sleep tonight - my boyfriend **FINALLY** comes
home from Australia after being away travelling for five killer loooong
months tomorrow. I can't wait for 3:00 and to see him again!!! yeah, I'm
majorly, hopelessly and sweetly-sickeningly in love with the man!!!! i'll
sign off before I make anyone ill!! ;->  Have a great weekend everyone!!
Georgette Peters
Steacie Library - x.55084
Do the ferret frolic of life!