From:
Matt Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 19:05:26 -0700
Hello again all you ferret lovers.  I thank everyone who responde to my
earlier inquiries about anaesthetic, it turns out that the vet who did
Jasmine's surgery (the one who didn't make it) used isoflurane. Must have
been something else. We just got Rikki back from the vet today. She had
been depressed, not eating, sleeping A LOT, her stools were very loose and
first green and then clearish yellow.  She felt thin and dehydrated so I
brought her in on Thursday afternoon.  The vet put her on antibiotics,
gave fluids subcutaneously, and kept her overnight.  He still doesn't know
exactly what's wrong. She has been acting and felling much better since we
got her back.  At least she's eating. Any ideas what it could be? (She's
had all her vaccinations, so it shouldn't be distemper) Also, I know that
this has been discussed before but I can't find it in my back issues.  How
do I get her to swallow a quarter dropper of antibiotics when she hates
the taste?  Can it be put in food or something to trick her? I try to hold
her, but right when I'm done, she shakes her head and the stuff, which
isn't cheap, goes flying.  HELP!  Any answers can be emailed to me
directly if possible and I appreciate any help that anyone has.

Thanks
Matt and Juliane Petersen, [log in to unmask]
Rikki Tikki Tavi (True Furry Little Thief)
Gabby (Dig, Dig, Dig your way to a slimmer you)