From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 08:09:50 -0400
Hi

Re: Winkie - We're so sorry to hear of the loss of your little fuzzy hero.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, and Gus Gus. Give him
an extra hug for us.

Re: Ferrets in the wild - I have also heard of ferret surviving more or
less in the wild. The group I have heard of lives in a family's barn as
barn ferrets. They're food is supplemented by the owners of the farm, but
for the most part they just run around, doing their thing (breeding and
what not) on their own. There are apparantly some house ferrets, and when
the population gets too large, some kits are sold as pets.

This is second-hand information, but it is from a fairly accurate source
and could be confirmed over the course of the summer.

Andi