From:
Wendy Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 1995 07:51:50 -0500
Hi all.

I've been lurking for quite awhile due to volume, but I wanted to share
sympathy with all those who've lost fuzzies.  My Silk died last weekend, from
a combination of causes (age mostly).  He was just shy of 8 years old.  He'd
been slowing down and had spleen, kidney and probably adrenal troubles,
though all his hair did grow back before the end.  We found him late Saturday
on the floor of his cage.  He was in a coma (no pain) and our vet was closed,
so we just kept him warm and cleaned up after him and sid goodbye.  He
stopped breathing about midnight.  He had good QOL til the end, and even
showed our puppy why you don't harrass ferrets a week before he died.

Unfortunately, he had bad timing.  With a 14 week old pup draining our
mental, physical and financial resources, we can't have dooking in our house
til the fall.  We'd like to find a good breeder, preferably in the Twin
Cities area.  We're planning on a two-at-once deal with a male and female
from the same litter or at least close to the same age.

Also, does anyone in the Minneapolis area sell Totally Ferret? Silk always ate
Science Diet.

Wendy and the clan

--
Wendy Hudson  [log in to unmask]