From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 20:07:17 -0400
Hi!

I tried to get one of our new arrivals, Baby Huey, to try some nutrical today.
He didn't want any, so I figured if he tasted it he was sure to like it.
Right?  WRONG!!!  He hates the stuff!  It made him gag, foam, and vomit!!
Guess I won't try that again!  Unfortunately, there isn't a treat in the world
that he likes, and he doesn't like being held unless he's frightened...  so
how on earth am I going to reward good behavior??

He vomited a few times & had diarrhea after his first distempter shot - I
was wondering if this is considered a mild reaction & if we need to give
him some benadryl or something before his next shot in 2 weeks.

One last item - on one of the ferret data bases Dr. Harris of the Pitman
Animal Hospital (NJ) is listed. We used him in a pinch (to but Bailey to
sleep), but we don't have any other experience with him. We are getting
ready to move back into that area, and although we plan to keep our current
vet for regular check ups, we may need someone in the South Jersey area for
illness & emergencies. I have heard some not very nice things about him
(but only in reference to dogs & cats) so I'm feeling skeptical. If anyone
has used him, or has an opinion of any sort, please email me!
Thanks!
Andi
(currently in Center City, Philadelphia)