From:
"Masterson, Nancy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:52:36 -0500
Greetings!

This is my first post to The List, although I've been a lurker for a few
years now.  I have a wonderful ferret, Nick Furet, who's going to be five
years old in February (how time flies!).  I love him like crazy.

Last night me, my husband and stepson (6 1/2) were at a pet store buying
food and stuff for Nick.  They had ferrets for sale--a bunch of grown males.
All the guys were sleeping except one, who was the cutest, friendliest guy.
We just all fell in love, and it was hard to say goodbye to him.  (At least
they were all in a decently-sized area, with food, water, and toys, and
there wasn't much poop, considering the number of ferrets there).

So, I guess my big question is: Is it a good idea to get a second ferret?
I'm especially concerned as to how Nick would react--I wouldn't want to
stress him out or anything.  On the other hand, Nick's alone most of the day
while we're at work/school, so it might be nice to have some company for
him.  I'm confused!

Many thanks for any help you could provide.

Nancy
Nancy Masterson-Newkirk

Publications Coordinator
Teachers College, Columbia University