From:
"Chris Montuori, Lori Salter, Andy and Ramsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 1995 15:13:38 -0400
Kurt Springs:  Ramsey (white footed sable) had the exact same thing in
January.  We asked our Miami Ferret Club and Rescue Mission President,
Angela Espinet, about it.  She said that is was acne and that it was
probably stress related.  She told us to give Ramsey a bath and *REALLY*
scrub her tail, so that the little black heads would pop out.  She even
told us to run a fingernail down her tail a few times to make sure that
they were all out.  Then, she said, use an acne medication like
Clearasil.  We made sure to stay with Ramsey until the medicine soaked in so
she wouldn't try to lick her tail after that (she loves soap and
medicines).  Angela said that it was probably caused by our recent move
and Ramsey trying to adjust to the new home.  Within two days of the
bath, we noticed little hairs coming back on her tail and in just a
couple of weeks, she looked normal.  Now, the fur is much softer than it
was before, so it all worked out better.

To the person that wanted toys:  We have a "Gutt Ball" that Ramsey loves.
It is a rubber ball on the end of an elastic string.  She loves to try
reach for it when it is hanging over her head.  We have also found that
both Ramsey and Andy (silver mit) like tennis balls--but be careful they
don't eat the fuzz.  They also have a thing called a "Fox Tail",
which is a game made by Klutz, Inc.  They like the nylon that the "tail"
is made out of.  Mostly, they like toys that you can't buy: plastic bags,
towels, anything they can climb into...etc...

Roger McMillian:  Our greatest sympathies to you and your family.  We
know you will always have a special place in your heart for Cinnamon Bear.

MA residents:  Cam is from Mass and we would like to help out with the
lobying so that we can take the kids to visit their grandparents
(leagally).  Please, if you can, post an email address (or fax number, or
mail address, or ???) of some senators (so that we can try to influence
them) and some representatives (so that we can thank them).  Also, our
ferret club has some phamplets that we could send up.  They are an
authorized reprint of general information about ferrets....anything we
can do to help....

Warm fuzzies and wet noses to all,
Cam Montuori, Lori Salter
  Ramsey and Andy
...sorry, we're still working on our sig file...  :)