Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:21:22 EST
Hi everyone

I read the post from one FML subscriber wondering if all ferrets fight when
newly introduced to one another...well, heres a nice story!

We bought Morticia From Kathleen and Mitch Cheeseman (Dancing Bottom
Ferrets) as a retired breeder.  Tish was 2 1/2 and spayed, after her last
litter was 10 weeks old and weaned.  We drove 4 hours up to the DC area
to pick up our new bundle of joy!

Well, we'd had Morticia for about a week or so, and she just seemed to be
missing something - and then I realized what it was - a kit!  She might be
missing her babies!  So back to the phone and call Kathleen...Well, yes she
has some kits left....

Back in the car, 4 more hours....Tish is with me, to pick out her new
babies....and so that Kathleen and Mitch get to see her again, of course!
She lets loose the babies and I put Morticia down.  Well, it was beautiful
- Morticia came alive!  Stiff legged bouncing and dooking!  She played with
the kits for a good 20 minutes.  And I couldn't decide - the big sable boy?
or the cute black sable girl?  So, I did what most ferret people would do -
I got both!  And thats how Haven's Legends of Beowulf (aka Buster) and Die
Schwarze Jagerine (aka Baby Di) came to find their new mommy.

And to this, day, Buster and Di think that Tish is their mother - she
disciplines them (which is quite funny, considering buster is over 4lbs
and Tish is 2.3lbs doing the jill slam) and grooms them.  And they groom
her.  It was mutual love at first site - Tish got her babies, and the
babies got a very loving mother....

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854