From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:15:48 -0600
Hi Everyone,

Thought you all might be up to some rambling from that Southern broad again.

I have been letting the kids outside, one at a time.  We were in that giant
blizzard.  It left almost a foot of snow on the ground (the most at one
time this Southern Gal has seen).  It was really beautiful, really cold,
and being stuck at home was driving me crazy!

Mr. William loved the snow.  I took him outside, he took one look and stuck
his face in it.  Then did it again for good measure.  Tweety tiptoed around
in it, wanting to check it out but not wanting to wade in it.  The bald
poodle didn't know what to do, she likes to keep warm.  hehe.  There is
nothing like watching a poodle walking on her nails to avoid touching the
snow.

The ferrets did watch it through the windows when it was really coming
down.  Of course, most of mine have never seen such a thing, just like
this gal hasn't.  You just don't have that kind of weather in Houston.
But the ferrets have also been really wired, I guess 'cause of the weather.
Of course, Catherine says it is because my house is as cold as a meat
locker.  ;-)

I did manage to get my car stuck on a snow bank the plow conveniently left
for me yesterday.  Took me almost an hour to get it free.  And so now I
have my big sis saying "I told you so."

Speaking of, I have lots of pics of me and the gang thanks to Suzy and more
in the mail from Cath.  I am going to try and get them up on the web soon,
so everyone can see those cute little walrus' I am calling ferrets.  They
are really stinky and wet most of the time now (they dribble like crazy)
and so are going in soon to get rid of that testosterone poisoning.  Yes, I
have been urged to breed them but I just don't want to be a casual breeder
and don't have the time to really devote myself to it.

Miss Pookie takes the cake.  Last night I was sitting in bed trying to
decide if I wanted to change my classes around, and she climbed up and
trotted around and left.  Did this 2-3 times before I figured out that I
had moved her sleeping bag to the cage and hadn't returned it to the bed.
But someone was asleep in it, so I got a large bag that is usually on the
floor and put it on the bed for her.  She walked over, sniffed it, looked
at me, sniffed it, looked at me and stood there with her hands on her hips.
It just wasn't the right sleeping bag!!  Well, thank goodness she has two
for the bed and the other was clean!  I removed the offending bag, put
"hers" on the bed, she took one look and went in and curled up.  Guess she
told me!!

On the personal front, looking towards graduating this year and the school
is making some preliminary noises about recruiting me for grad school.  I
am very happy about this because I didn't think I could go.  But hey, if
they want to pay for it and pay me besides, I guess I can't complain much
can I?

hugs to all,
Maggie Mae and her Mob of Maniacs

"There is nothing left to loose,
There's no more heart to bruise
There's no greater power than the power of goodbye."
Madonna