From:
M Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 10:10:49 -0500
I just wanted to to take a moment to thank everyone who e-mailed me during
our crises with Valentine.  Everyone gave me really good advice & I dont
know what I would have done without it.  The duck soup really did it & for a
couple of days I had to force feed it to her.  She is doing great now & is
no longer depressed.  She even weighs a little more than she did before she
got sick (and so does Q-pid, she liked duck soup too).  Anyway she is back
to her old self again & is knawing my ankles at this very moment.  It is
hard to believe a week ago she was at deaths door.  I am glad she is here to
knaw my ankle.

Two questions to ask:
1.  I am thinking of getting another ferret.  Do I need to wait any length
of time in light of Valentines illness?  I am thinking of getting a male
this time & will be keeping him initially in his own cage seperate from the
girls.  (boys need their privacy you know.) They would be together during
free run time (approx.8 hrs a day).
2.  My ferrets really love Ensure.  Both are really finicky eaters & Would
it be healthy to occassionally give them some as a treat?  I know it is not
supposed to be a mainstay in their diet because it does not contain all the
nutrients that ferrets require but is it OK as an infrequent snack?

Once again thanks to everyone.

Melony & the ferret gang

Melony:  Q-pid, you get away from that door now !  You know  Josh's room is
a ferret death trap.
Q-pid: (digdigdig) Ill just dig a little more and Ill fit under the door.
 Next day
Q-pid: (digdigdig) Whats going on here?  NO SHE DIDNT!  What is this little
strip of wood nailed to the bottom of the door for?  Dookdookdookhisshiss.
You better hope you dont leave those new Rockports laying on the floor again
mom !  hiss hiss.