From:
Jennifer Logan and Jasmine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 09:18:23 -0800
Hi everyone,

Well, I *really* wasn't planning this (do we ever?!?!), but ferret math has
struck again!  I went away to visit relatives & hit the slopes this weekend
& wandered into the local petstore to pick up supplies for my two sable
sisters back home, Jasmine & Casey, and well, there she was!  A beautiful
silver mitt baby!  She is very playful and gentle, and just beautiful.  What
finally won me over is that she is a kissy-girl, planting several little
kisses on my face as I held & cuddled her.  I've decided to name her
Samantha, or Sammy for short.  Off we went and I brought her home to
introduce her to her "older sisters."

Well, that was interesting!!!  They both gave her a great sniff-over, then
started playing with her.  Jasmine was generally nice, but rough housed a
bit (I think she knew Samantha was just a baby, and therefore was more
gentle than she is with Casey)..... Casey, however, was a little mory wary
and after their initial introductions, decided she was going to show the
baby who is boss--- and promptly bit her (hard) on the neck!!!

Not only this, but now after 3 days together, Casey is still acting
jealous/mad/territorial and continues to try and bite the baby's neck and
drag her around the floor when I have them all out to play.  I'm very
worried because this is definitely hurting the baby... she is making a
crying/honking noise when Casey bites her!  Help!!!  What do you think this
means and what can I do to stop Casey from biting the baby so hard?  I'm
continuing to lavish attention on Jasmine and Casey, not just the baby, so I
sincerly hope that Casey is just being a little territorial and will get
over it.

Can those of you who have experienced bringing a new baby home please email
privately and let me know your experiences?  and any of you who have advice
for me (why Casey is doing this and what should I do?)... please drop me a
note too ([log in to unmask]).  I'm very worried and really want them all
to get along well.  BTW, Jasmine is 11 mos old, Casey is 18 mos.  old, and
Jasmine/Casey share a 2 1/2 level cage & have bonded well.  Samantha (7
weeks) is in her own identical cage for now... any words of wisdom are
appreciated!  I didn't have this problem introducing Jasmine and Casey, and
because Sam is so small & young I'm a very worried fur-kid mom!!!

Thanks!!
-Jennifer (be nice to the baby!)
-Jasmine (who is this little ball of fur who keeps biting my ear??  dook,
 dook!)
- Casey  (I'm gonna get her!!!)