Date:
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:56:21 -0700
>//Answer// Please, just ask yourself: Where do the shelter ferrets come
>from?  Are 99.999(?) percent of these shelter ferrets originally from
>the commercial production ferret mills? Most surely they are.

I try, I really do try to ignore this guy, but alas....I'll ignore all
but this one comment.

Ed, our shelter has taken in, over the past 2 1/2 years FOUR (4) ferrets
that you personally bred and sold.  Not a lot, but we accepted and
rehomed them, and in one case also paid for the neuter surgery.  We've
also taken in another THREE (3) of the ferrets with 2 dots in their ears,
adopted from you.  In four of these cases, the people refused to take
them back to you.  The other one's YOU REFUSED to take back since they
were "old and sick."  Since you don't spay/neuter your ferrets and don't
even promote it, you have no way of knowing just how many additional
ferrets you are responsible for being turned into shelters.  We also get
ferrets originating from the breeder in the Bremerton area.  Both your
ferrets and the other breeders ferrets are very nippy and draw blood and
we work with them for months before they stop biting and we can rehome
them.

>!!!Summary!!! If you want the best quality, healthiest and longest
>lived ferret possible, get your ferret from a knowledgable, honest and
 >trustworthy breeder of ferrets.

Just as soon as no more ferrets are surrendered to either of the Seattle
area shelters (which actually have business licenses AND 501(c)(3)
status) we will be more than happy to point people to a knowledgable,
HONEST and TRUSTWORTHY breeder of ferrets.  Maybe one will move into
the neighborhood, cause their "ain't" one here now.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14325 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 7 days/week or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.RabbitRodentFerret.org