From:
katharine long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:30:15 EST
I'm so excited!!!  I took Lily to the vet yesterday for her every other
month blood work.  She is 3 1/2 and was diagnosed with liver disease when
she was about 22 months old.  Randy (the vet) came in and told me that her
blood work looked better than it had in a real long time.  Everything is
within normal ranges.  We both were overjoyed.  She had also gained a little
weight!!

I always take both of my babies to the vet because I can't bear leaving a
sad little face at home.  The vet said that I had the best behaved, most
calm ferrets that he treats.  I told him it is only a front.  The vets
office is the only time that they are clingy and want to lie in my lap.  I
think it initimidates them.  The only other time they're so lovable is when
I take them outside to play.  I think the big world scares them a little
too.  I try to let them play in the grass and leaves and what do they do???
They climb up in my lap, curl up, and go to sleep.

I can't get them to be still long enough to hold them more than a minute or
so at home.

Katharine (mom)
Lily (Look how big and strong I'm getting!!!)
Lany (I've always been big and strong but Lily's giving me a run for
      my money now!!!)