From:
"Kramer, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 1994 12:09:00 EST
My fianc e and I became the proud new parents of a female kit 10 days ago,
and weIre glad thereIs an outlet like the FML where people can let babble
endlessly about our furry friends; talking enthusiastically to "other"
people only seems to invoke polite bewildered stares suggesting we have most
surely "lost it".

As we ferret owners seem to agree, itIs baffling why these little weasels
arenIt the most popular pet on earth.  Our kit has already suggested signs
of being a literary type, since she loves to scoff books and smuggle them
under her hiding places.  Not just any books, either, she always goes for
CamusI "LI tranger".  Of course, she seems to have breezed through that book
quickly and now has cleared out the rest of the lower bookshelf.

SheIs also exemplarily courageous.  I tower above her at 1m96 (6I5"), and
yet SHE starts chasing ME around the room when I incite a game of mock
combat.  Mind you, once sheIs exhausted all her energy she falls into a deep
sleep (read: coma) on my lap and probably dreams about getting into the cow
pastures for a REAL meal (I MUST find the original post that created all
that hilarious follow-up).

In short, two weeks ago I barely knew what a ferret was.  Today, IIm a
prophet preaching the wonders of these amazing little critters to anyone I
can get to listen to me.  Hope all you ferrets and ferret owners out there
have a happy new year!

P.S.  I havenIt been to one yet, but I hear Ferret Frolics are a riot.  I
know the community here in Ottawa (Canada) has a big gathering in May, but
has there ever been an international event?  Maybe you ferret friends in
upstate New York are numerous enough to get something going with the Ottawa
Ferret Association?