From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 17:00:39 -0400
Thought I'd let you all know about my vet quest.  I have been totally
spoiled it seems by my vet.  She is a ferret lover - has her own Cowboy -
and while we are in Michigan so no one has years of experience - is as I
said a ferret lover and does most of the ferrets in our town.  I probably
mentioned she is leaving (getting married and relocating).  A vet at this
clinic (was 6 vets) is taking over her large ferret clientele.

Unfortunately I don't think he is a ferret lover and certainly doesn't have
her experience.  In addition I didn't like the care he gave my FIV cat (I
still miss Attila more than anything over a year later RIP) and had switched
to another vet at that clinic at that time and Attila finished out his life
with another vet.  So I thought I'd vet shop.  Went 30-40 minutes away for
rabies shots to check this vet out recommended to me by a ferret owner
there.  He wasn't the vet today - but another young woman from an associated
clinic!  She seemed very knowlegeable but doesn't like to do surgery and is
more into birds.  I.e.  she seems to stay up on ferret info but doesnt love
ferrets.  Plus I only got a receipt for the rabies shots - not a certificate
or little metal things.  This makes me a little uncomfortable since this is
a bite and kill state.  So now I'm feeling a bit at a loss.  Maybe I'm
asking to much - but I seem to take my fuzzbutts to the vet a lot and and
want a vet that is knowledegable, experienced and will do ALL their care.
This is not a vet slam - I know I'm perhaps demanding and obessively into
pet health care and responsibility.  Thanks for letting me vent.  (I hate
decisions).

P.S. I use MIRC and get on the IRC and have looked for a ferret on Undern et
Dallas.  I'm not sure - is prospero an EFF net or Undernet or server or
something I have not heard of?  Can someone please straighten this out for
me?  Trimming nails - I have never "pinked" my ferrets but you can get some
"QuickStop" at the pet store to help stop the bleeding - I keep some around
just in case.

Can the Florida rescue please post a snail mail address?  Maybe I can send
some food or something.

Mary