From:
Shawna Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 15:44:02 -0400
Before I begin, I would just like to thank everyone who gave me suggestions
about how to control Hershey's smell, or helped me with my other questions.
I really appreciate the fact that you took time to help me out.

Now some other news.  I am incredibly sad to be posting this, but thought I
should let you all know.  After only 10 days with my sweet baby Hershey, I
had to give her up.  I don't want to get into "why" here, so as not to fill
up the FML with sad news.  If anyone would like to know the whole story,
feel free to e-mail me.  My only consolation in this awful event is that
Hershey went to a wonderful home.  Paige Townsend took her (thanks again,
Paige), and I'm sure Hershey will have a wonderful new life with her brand
new ferret-sisters, Thunder and Lightning.  I know Paige will be a great mom
to Hershey.  I just wish I could still be filling that position.  My very
first ferret, and I only had her for 10 days!  Oh well, enough wailing.
When I move out on my own, I'll get another (or two, or three...).  Until
then, I'll just have to live vicariously through you and yours!  Dooks to
all your babies.

Shawna