From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 1996 09:03:17 -0400
Hello all, I was kind of confused about the Eukanba food.  I've seen the
brand for sale but is it an Iams product?  Is it the upgraded line or
something?  I like having different things to mix in with TF so I'll
probably give it a look.

Shiela - really liked the discourse on English ferrets.  I am assuming that
having a "ferreting partner" means your ferrets are all working/hunting
ferrets?  I thought it really nice to extend the invitation for anyone to
visit.  I have done that (or tried) several times in the states and gotten
some surprised responses.  I.e. when traveling for work I'll take the
number of a nearby shelter with me and call, and say I'm in town for work,
not looking to buy/adopt but can I come see?  Uhhhh (you can hear them
thinking why) well I guess so.  Of course this is in the States and maybe
they don't understand why I would want to see more American ferrets.  I just
like seeing lots of ferrets in one place (I have two and only for a year).

Dr. Williams - hurray for the heliobactor test!!!  I downloaded your info to
take into the new vet I'm going to try out (my old one leaves in a week).
Also is it just my imagination but it seems like 3 yrs old is the big year
for adrenal cancer?  It seems from reading posts that its mostly 3 years old
or 7-8 yrs old.  I.e.  if you make it past 3 chances are better of not
seeing it till 7.  I realize this is probably not true but it sure seems
like I see 3 yrs a lot and not 5 or 6.

Was it Michelle who had a smelly ferret? (Mom was upset)  Check it's ears!
(Or have a vet check them would be better).

I wanted to share a little habit of Giesela's.  She doesn't war dance -
ever.  Instead when your playing she backs up with her mouth open till she
hits a t-shirt or sock, or grabs the dishtowel I'm waving at her, and falls
over on her back and Wiggles, wiggles wiggles (she doesn't dook either:(,
with her mouth open and the material between her paws straight up in the
air.  She looks like a horse on her back scratching an itch sort of, very
cute.  This is I think her version of war dancing.

One last thing - my ferrets really liked the cat toy thats a plastic stick
and string with a little cloth toy on the end - would chase it forever.
However they would get the toy and the stick would break.  Solution: got to
Lowes or hardware store - but a 1" diameter dowel, cut in half, drill a hole
approximately 1" from the end, tie a length of twine through the hole and
the cloth toy at the other (I just wrap it around the middle and squeeze the
toy tight and knot).  Viola!  A really cheap toy they love.  I am not
exactly handy but if you have a saw and a drill nothing could be easier.  Of
course Giesela will wrestle etc.  with Boris but not play with me and Boris.
If she is chasing the toy and Boris joins in she stops and goes off on her

Mary, Boris and Giesela