From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 15:24:49 -0500
Belle is very wary of this little critter.  She has tried to grab him at
the back of the neck a couple times, and he hisses at her.  She is not used
to being hissed at by Joy's stuffed animals when she grabs them, so she
backs away in confusion.  He even hissed at her when she came near when he
was eating (his favorite activity next to sleeping).  Now Belle is not a
large ferret, she tips the scales at 1.25 lbs.  And the little one only
weighs about 5 or 6 ounces at most.  Belle better assert her dominance
quickly before he outweighs her!

He still doesn't have a name yet.  I suggested "The ferret formerly known
as ?", but was voted down.  I don't believe in assigning a name too soon.
I guess he'll let us know when he has a named picked out.

According to the color descriptions in the FAQ, he sounds like a champagne,
cream colored with tan guard hairs. His head is light colored, don't know if
he'll get a mask.

I had a surprising revelation yesterday evening. The breeder said the kits
were from 2 litters, one born May 1, and the other 3 days later. I decided
ours was from the second litter, seeming a little smaller and shakier than
some. That would put his birthday as May 4, the 2 year anniversary of the
passing of my beloved cat Pepper, who shared almost 18 years with me. I
started to cry when I realized that. I think perhaps a little of Pepper's
loving spirit is in our little guy. This may explain why even though we had
planned to get a female, I suddenly insisted on a male when we saw them.

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle ("It looks kinda like the Puppy Surprise, but it
sure smells funny. Hey! It hissed at me!) and ?