From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 1995 20:27:02 -0500
We just brought home a little 6 week old cinnamon male (whole) today.  The
pet shop called and said they had just gotten in 5 babies: 4 albinos and
one cinnamon.  I got there just 2 hours later, but the cinnamon was gone.
(I'm not fond of albinos--they look too much like rats to me.  No flames,
please!) But there was another breeder there, bringing in two litters
(born a couple days apart).  There were 2 sables, 3 silvers and 3
cinnamons.  I rushed home and brought Richard and Joy back with me.

We brought Belle along to check them out (the pet shop is her alma mater),
but she was not impressed.  We thought we'd get another female, but there
were only two females, one sable and one silver.  Since Belle is sable, we
decided to get a different color, but the one silver female was obviously
the rambunctious one of the group, very nippy.  We finally settled on a
little cinnamon boy, who has yet to pick his name.  He played actively with
his siblings and cage mates, but settled down nicely when he was picked up.

He's in the travel cage now, with some doll clothes that Belle likes to
sleep in.  We'll use all the advice posted here in the last few weeks to
introduce them to each other.  Will keep you posted on progress.

One question: the breeder said that ferrets neutered young have differently
shaped faces. Is this true?

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle ("Why did you bring that thing home?") and ?