From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:57:59 -0800
Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted in a while, but everyone's fuzzies have definitely been in
my thoughts!  Good luck to those that really need it this week!

I also have a problem of my own, and I've seen mention of this before on the
FML, but I thought I'd see what you guys have to say. :-)  My 6.5 female,
Jasla, has been getting these strange bumps over the last few weeks.  My
first guess is that they're mast cell tumors, but a member of our "Ferrets
Anonymous" group out here said she had a ferret with a strange bump that the
vet said was related to adrenal problems.

Jasla did have her left adrenal out last March, and her fur is still very
thin.  I suspect the right adrenal may be to blame at this point, but I have
never seen these bumps before.  I noticed one because it had scabbed, and I
thought it was just due to rough play (she is still so cute and feisty for
her years! :-).  However, when the scab came off, this pinkish 'rough spot'
was underneath.  Well, I've been monitoring it for the last few days, and it
does seem to still be healing, but yesterday another one showed up in a
different spot!

Obviously a vet trip is in order to check her remaining adrenal and the
bumps, but if anyone has any experience or thoughts on these bumps, I'd
greatly appreciate it!  I hope they're just mast cells!

Thanks!
Anita