Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 18:11:06 +0000
Hi guys,

We received word from Jean yesterday that she just learned that someone is
calling breeders of 'expensive' ferrets, telling them that they are her
(Jean Smith) and asking for donations of as many ferrets as they can afford
to send, to assist Jeans situation.  Jean would like us to pass on that she
is NOT the person making these calls, and if any breeder has received (or
does in the future) a call along these lines, please take down their address
and phone information so that we can track these people down!  Someone is
trying to collect ferrets for free by scamming the breeders, and I sincerely
hope that all of the breeders that were contacted talk to Jean personally
before sending any of their babies to these people.

Anyone who may already have been called by these people, please send the
information to myself, Scott or Jackie so that we can start looking for
whoever is doing this.

Thank you,

Sam
-------

For the ferrets who died in Spokane 19 November 1997...

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~fanmail/spokane.html
(or the mirror site at Geocities)
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9131/spokane.html

May their lives be remembered, and their murderer punished to the fullest
extent of the law