From:
Ferret's Dream House <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:12:25 -0600
Honestly, folks I am not reading the FML. Sorry BIG! If something comes
up on the FML, Yahoo Groups, Private Emails, or Bulletin Boards that
needs my attention my representatives are informing me. I do have
receipts for every expense. (they might not be grouped together under
the category that each of you may drum up). The In-Kind donations
(donations that were not cash) are not included in the income (have not
entered them in yet). The only people who got paid were the locals; who
by the way did not own ferrets. NONE of the representatives or MYSELF
got a dime. Oh! I forgot, we did get some free meals & I also shared
the wine that was given to me. If you would like a detailed report
please send a self-addressed envelope to me and when I get the report
done for Uncle Sam; you will get a snail mail copy. I will not send
any files via internet because I am not taking a chance of the file
getting changed.

My time is being spent on getting this last group spay/neutered,
finding them forever homes, getting all the paperwork caught up,
started calling to make sure everyone is abiding by the contracts, and
acquiring funds not just for the ones at my place but at the other
shelters. If you do not want to support me PLEASE consider supporting
one of the transferee shelters that took them in. You can see the
shelters on the Ohioferretrescue.com sight. If a shelter is not listed
they may have requested not to be put on it or got missed. Let Julie
know if you have changes/additions to the web page.

Folks we need each and every ferret owner, friend, family or foe to
help get all the shelter ferrets homes and/or donations (not just the
Ohio Ferret Rescue ones). Sorry Lisa. My challenge to each of you: call
or go to your nearest shelter and pick a ferret(s) and then YOU help
find them a home or get a donation for that ferret before Christmas.
Suggestions on finding them home/funds. Place signs on bulletin boards
at: your place of employment, grocery stores, pet stores, gas stations
and libraries. Call neighbors, relatives (even if they are in another
state - I think all the states have a ferret shelter.), people you
graduated with, friends, acquaintances, ask your boss. Open the door by
telling them about the rescue. Do a bowlathon, exerciseathon, dinner
(doesn't have to be big), lottery, place a piggy bank/jar on top of
your washer/dryer or on your desk at work, give a dollar for every
Christmas card you receive/sent, give a dollar for every ferret you
have/had, children you have, etc. Ask everyone you know to help the
shelter ferret(s) find homes or have them send a donation. If you don't
ask; you will never know.

Before, I forget - THAnk YOu, ThaNK YoU, THANK YOU for all your
support, volunteer help, donations and prayers.

Bear with me. I am currently physically exhausted and have caught
some kind of bug. Getting ready to go to York PA and deliver ferrets.
All the ferrets that are in my possession have been spay/neutered,
vaccinated for rabies & distemper. If they are here next week I will
start on getting them ADV tested. So, let's get on the bandwagon and
get them homes.

DooK DoOOKKK DDOOOOKKKK

Lori Sies, Ferret's Dream House Shelter