From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:15:14 -0500
Both Baby and Mikette have vet appointments on Sat, but I thought I'd
mention what is also going on with Baby incase anyone has any thoughts.

Baby is 6 and has been very healthy except for keeping an eye out for
adrenal.  A recent Tenn panel came back negative, but for ahwile she's
had just the smallest bit of thinning fur on her inner legs, and she
has extreme itching that comes and goes.  Last week she started having
diarhea and I thought it was because I added Totally Ferret back in their
mix (they had not liked the last batch) so I went back to the pure 8 in 1
Ultimate, but no change on the diahrea.  I just noticed last night that
she has definately lost weight, it was a sudden observation.

Then Saturday she started digging at her water bowl, which she doesn't
do.  She was splashing and digging all the water out, then licking some
off the floor and some off herself.  I thought maybe it was the water
filter, so I gave her bottled water but she did the same.  I tried a
shallow dish, but that didn't help.  I gave her some ferretone in a
little dish and she licked it up like normal.

She is still eating and goes regularly, but it's all diarhea (normal
brown color).  I thought this was perhaps random and may not be nothing,
but the weightloss worries me.

Thanks so much.

Risa
PS I had an extreme case of Giardia around Thanksgiving.  I never thought
of a link until I read about it in Ferrets Mag about a ferret having it.