From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 13:55:03 PDT
<Personal Log>

Ferdate 4804.5

I am relieved that Commander Ralph T. Riker was at the rendezvous point.
He had been gathering intelligence on the Kalif Ornian Empire's defenses
for the last three weeks. It was a dangerous mission at best since he had
to make contact with the Fifth Column resistance. Commander Riker reports
that he did not meet the leaders of the resistance but he did meet the leader
of the Fifth Column cell that he was able to make contact with. It seems as
though the resistance has organized itself into "cells." These small
subgroups have made it nearly impossible for the Kalif Ornian Secret Police
to successfully infilitrate the resistance.

Commander Riker has found that the Kalif Ornian FF Zone border is
closely guarded. Merchant and civilian ships ships near the border are
frequently stopped and searched. In spite of this, the Fifth Column did
know of a few weak spots in the Kalif Ornian defense grid where a ship
could pass undetected. They also told Riker of a danger which StarFerret
Intelligence had no knowledge of. It seems as though the Hsus Oligarchy,
our supposed allies, has sent a cloaked ship to Kalif Ornian space. Although
the intent of this move is not completely known, all Fifth Column reports
so far make it clear that this ship is not sympathetic to the Fer
sympathizers or the Fer Federation. This is not welcome news.

Tomorrow we cross the FF Zone into Kalif Ornian space with the information
Commander Riker has gotten. I hope the information is acurrate. The 1000
lives aboard this ship may depend upon it.

Commander Riker also told me of a strange experience he had while working
with the Fifth Column. He said that they were beaming up from a planet
to a transport ship during an ion storm when there was a sudden surge in
ionization. This surge some how bridged a gap between this universe and
another. This universe seemed to be the "dark twin" of this one. He said
there was an "evil twin" of him in that universe and that they temporaily
traded places. It seems our Riker was able to reverse the polarity on the
transporter and return himself and his "evil twin" to their rightful
universes. I am definately looking forward to reading his report.