From:
Kim Burkard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 1995 06:28:22 PDT
Subject: petromalt question
>This I think is more of a question for the vets.  On the Petromalt label,
>it says that the product is not to be given with food or at mealtimes.  How
>seriously should I take this?  Will food in the stomach prevent it from
>working?  Should I take away Amelia's food after I give her some Petromalt?

I'm not a vet and this is just a guess, but I would think it's so they get
the full value from the food rather than having the food zoom through some
of their digestion system.  I would imagine Petromalt is used for cats
and/or dogs as well.  Both dogs and have usually have definate meal times
rather than the snack all day approach that ferrets have so I would guess
the warning would be for dogs and cats more.  But it's just a guess....

Subject: Ferret Night Vision
>Any animal with this mechanism displays "eye shine" back to a light
>that's pointed at them such as car headlights at night.

Anybody ever notice just what great "headlights" ferrets have? I seem to see
those little glowing green eyes all the time...in fact if light catches their
eyes just right you can see it in the daylight too. Whether ferrets have good
night vision, or it's whiskers, or memory of the room layouts, or whatever,
they get around better than us in the dark! ;)

Just a quick note, I start a new job on monday so this is my last day with
this account. I hope to resubscribe next week. In short, I think the FML
is great. Lots of info, fun and tears all rolled up into one package! Thanks
for the great moderating BIG and Chris (BIG's predecessor). Thanks to
Dr. Williams, Dr. Weiss, and others who were there for fuzzies and their
humans in need. I hope to see 'ya again soon.

-kim, mike, Squirt (you mean you're not reading that FML anymore which gives you
those awful ideas?), Pippi (No such luck! Dad still reads it!), Atlas (is the
FML=Feed Me Linatone? If so, I want FML!), Hijinx (I don't care what mom
reads as long as I still get to bite her!)

Kimberly Burkard        |             _    fer'ro-mag-net'ic   adj. 1. a char-
Xerox, Rochester, NY    |      _____C .._. acteristic of substances having
[log in to unmask] | ____/     \___/  magnetic properties  2. a character-
[log in to unmask]<____/\_---\_\    istic of those who love ferrets