From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:58:17 -0500
>From:    Amber Boswell <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret has fleas
>
>...  Slinky went for a walk in the grass.  I didn't know ferrets could
>get fleas so easily, but now he's infested!!!  How can I get rid of them?
>Are the over-the-counter drops you put on a kitten's neck OK to use on a
>ferret?

No, the over the counter flea drops are definitely NOT good for a ferret.
Get Advantage or Frontline drops from your vet or from
http://nationalpetsupply.com.  Get the largest size since they all contain
the same stuff and sell for about the same price.  Use 0.2 ml of the
Advantage on the back of the neck once a month and you will have no flea
problem.  I'm not sure of the dose of Frontline since I use the Advantage.
If you get the 55 lb and over dog size Advantage, you will get about 80
doses in a package.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you yelled "You kids quit playing on that sheet metal."