From:
Chris Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 1996 12:59:36 -0500
Hi!

Couple of things...

My friend Lia with Natalie had passed on to her vet the suggestion that
Lysodren be used after her adrenal surgery.  The vet agreed.  But when Lia
looks at the medicine, she says it doesn't say Lysodren.  Does say something
like 'Mitatine' or 'Mitatain' (can't remember off the top of my head).  Does
anyone recognize this?

Also, I find that if there's an odor associated with my fuzzies...its from
the litter box.  I was diligently scooping it out daily, but the odor
persisted.  Mostly it was due to the fact that I use a tall kitchen garbage
to store my fuzzies deposits.  Often, several days go by until the garbage
sack is full and the odor was noticable.  As a remedy to this, I purchased a
box of 150 sandwich bags (the foldover type) and scoop the boxes into these
before placing them in the garbage.  Voila!

Would also like to introduce Casper (might be changed...but I hate to have a
fuzzy without a name).  He's a cute silver-blaze/panda (can't tell for
sure...no mask, mostly white head, white paws, knees, tummy and tip of tail.
But has a stripe down the middle of his head.) about 3 months old.  Very
active and nips a bit, but has made a pretty seamless entry into the fam.
Hasn't used a corner for a box, but sometimes misses the corner box in one
of the cages.

Speaking of which, I was unhappy with the corner box at the get go.  Candy
was small enough to fit in the box and had no problem.  But Cookie wouldn't
actually get into the box.  He'd sniff the box, turn around a back up 'till
he hit the front lip of the box.  Then he'd 'Do the Doo'*.  I ended up
recessing the box into the bottom of the cage by removing the wire in the
corner.  All the ends of the wire are bent down and back to keep them away
from prying little paws (I think I'll end up plasti-coating them to be sure)
and the linoleum in the cage keeps them in line too.  Now, there's barely a
lip and he backs right into the corner to 'Do the Doo'*

Last thing.  Ever since I put linoleum down on the floors in the cage (I
don't put anything on the ramps...as that makes it very difficult for
Cookie), Cookie slips and slides a bit when coming down the ramps and making
a u-turn.  Other than that, him being completely declawed only seems to
affect his ability to jump/climb up on things.  He still tries to 'dig' at
the carpet, but its very ineffectual and I let him do this to his hearts
content.  He doesn't dig (outside) quite as well as Candy does, but doesn
manage to move some dirt when he feels like it.

--
Chris, Cookie and Candy

*TM pending :)