From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:06:39 -0800
>Any adult who has decided to take responsibility for their own protection
>needs to know how to deal with a dog attack ... I was once confronted with
>an entire feral pack of 11 mutts (no fert involved), and I've had to deal
>with dogs wanting to eat a fert twice now.

No flames intended, but having dealt with this i'm speaking from experience.
Our cat goes outside on a leash once in a while.  Some sub-human with a
Rotty sic'd him on my cat.  Mace, which was recently made legal in NY City
stopped the situation in a hurry.

Scooping the animal up in your arms i fear will get your fert and you
attacked.

Tom