From:
Bill and Michelle Echols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 01:49:08 -0700
I wish you luck!  We have adopted several fuzzies at different times,
and have been unable to incorporate the 'new' ones into the established
group.  Neither my husband or I can handle the pitiful screams when a
territorial or alpha/omega fight ensues.  As it stands, we have 2 in our
bedroom, a bonded pair in the workout room,another bonded pair in the
library, AND 9 in the main fuzzy room and hallway.  All get their run
around with their humans, hit the tubes, and the mazes time in the living
room.  We do have 3 in the main group that are omegas, and are fine with
the others.... they are left out to interact when a smaller group is out
as well for play/interaction.  All but one of our 15 have been here for
at least a year, and I'm pretty sure their scent has permeated the entire
house, and the aggressive ones will still attack like lightening if one
of the other guys is curled up behind the couch, or in the maze.  We've
tried the cage with the others, the switching of the bedding, the time
outs, the hiss n drag (this they thought was a great new game!) all to
no avail.  We've resigned ourselves to the fact that we have a serious
infestation of weasels throughout most of our home, and the twice daily
litter box patrol that goes with it.  With the varied ages of our
adoptees, there is no way we will ever get this down to one room for
sleep place for our babies.  On the up side, we rarely get visitors
anymore except the hard core fuzzy-lovers!

Michelle, Willie and the gang of 15